This program aims to help students develop practical oral and written proficiency in Japanese equivalent that reaches B1 in CEFR scale or N3 in JLPT scale through activities such as discussions, speeches, and interviews on topics related to Japanese society and culture.
Since the year 2022, Students of J-ShIP program take lessons at The Japanese Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai (“JFKC” 国際交流基金関西国際センター), where students take advantage of beautiful seaside location, clean accommodation, cafeteria and access to the library and internet.
Successful students will get 4 credits from Osaka University in accordance with the program certificate and transcript.
- An applicant must;
- be enrolled at a college or university during the program.
- be certified by an exchange coordinator / international officer/ Japanese instructor of home institution.
- be positive and diligent commitment on this program with good time management skills in a new environment of Japan.
- This program is intended for students who;
- have successfully completed two semesters of formal instructions of Japanese including the development of both oral and written skills or equivalent program, or
- have passed JLPT N4. (Students who have passed JLPT N3 are also eligible to apply.)
4 weeks from the beginning of January
＊Application deadline is in late October.